Magpie Designs is very pleased to offer our clients both custom digitizing of embroidery designs with artwork provided by you, or an embroidery design selected from our library of designs already digitized by us, on a wide variety of pre-finished goods (e.g. garments, gift linens/towels, etc.). We welcome your email inquiries through email@example.com and we'll respond within one (1) business day. The following information hopefully answers some initial questions you may have to start seeing your creative ideas and custom embroidery needs take flight. If your questions aren't answered here, please don't hesitate to ask us!
Custom File Digitizing
Please e-mail us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (not through Contact Us) so that you can attach your proposed artwork (this cannot be done through the website at this time).
For quotation purposes and optimum stitch-out results, your artwork should be of the highest quality possible, ideally at a minimum 300 dpi resolution. We work in both CorelDRAW® draw and Illustrator®, and can usually work with high quality files in the following formats: .jpg .psd .ai .tif .png . We then digitize your design using state-of-the-art Wilcom® Embroidery Studio Designing e4.5 software.
- To facilitate our prompt response including cost quotation, to ensure the highest quality results possible, and to best expedite your order, your inquiry should include:
- The fabric type/application the embroidery file will be stitched on (e.g. t-shirts, denim, gauge of leather, etc.);
- Finished size of the embroidery design;
- Embroidery machine being used and file format required;
- Your timeline for completion of your project;
- Your proposed colour scheme and, if fixed (i.e. logos, etc.), the necessary colours (as RGB, CMYK, or hexadecimal), plus any fonts required or preferred; and
- Any comments or special instructions regarding your design if your artwork is not self-explanatory (e.g. additions, deletions, areas to be filled in or outlined only, etc.).
Extra charges will apply to correcting poor quality artwork files submitted or any additional artwork being requested.
We cannot and will not digitize any copyrighted images or logos unless express and sufficient written permission from the copyright holder is provided for Magpie Designs to do so. You will need to obtain and forward such permission directly to us. Franchisees, dealers, distributors, sports groups, etc. in particular should carefully examine their business contracts/agreements with the parent company or entity to demonstrate what permissions are granted for their use of such copyrighted materials in the manner being requested for advertising, promotional or other purposes. If the client is otherwise purchasing artwork from a stock website, a suitable license for use of such artwork is also required.
Magpie Designs will be happy to discuss any potential copyright issues with you before confirming and commencing any custom order.
At Magpie Designs we're committed to providing you with problem-free digitized embroidery files that run smoothly on your machine to produce highest quality results. We do not charge solely by stitch count and will never pack in additional unnecessary stitches to drive up the cost to you. Accordingly, due to the widely varied complexity of artwork, applications to which the embroidery will be applied and multiple digitizing techniques that might be employed, we're unable to offer any flat-rate pricing for custom ordered digital embroidery files. Your design will evaluated and cost-estimated based on its level of complexity, size, and number of thread colours.
- Magpie Designs' cost estimate for digitizing the project to your specifications will be sent for your approval before any digitizing commences. Payment in full must also be received before digitizing begins. Once completed, proofs will be provided for your final approval before any test stitch out. Two design file adjustments are included in the price of digitizing. More than two adjustments to the file will be at an additional cost.
- Magpie Designs will always do a test stitch out of your design in-studio before the design file is released to you via e-mail in the machine file format & hoop size requested.
Exclusivity of Custom Digitizing
Save and except any artwork specifically created by us, Magpie Designs does not and will not purport to own the copyright on any artwork provided by the customer for use in custom digitized embroidery files. The customer is solely responsible for obtaining all necessary copyright permissions for use of such artwork. Magpie Designs will, however, retain full copyright ownership of all final custom ordered digitized embroidery files as set out fully in Copyright & License.
Your custom digitized and formatted embroidery files will not be sold or otherwise provided by Magpie Designs through our website, to any third party websites or directly to any third party for any purpose except as may be required by applicable law and/or a court of competent jurisdiction within Canada. The person(s) or entity for whom we create any custom embroidery design file will be bound by all Magpie Designs' Copyright & License provisions. Said parties will not copy the file to any third party, change, alter or delete any portions of the file in any manner whatsoever, provide the file to another digitizer to undertake such file modifications, or otherwise represent the file in any form as being of their own creation.
- Magpie Designs can also deliver final stitched out products utilizing the above custom digitized files or any digital file offered in our library, and can also help you source many such items for embroidering. Prices quoted will of course vary depending on the size and complexity of your order, but will include cost for the embroidery itself and the garment/product costs (which will include one extra unit for test stitch-out).
- Payment in full is required for custom embroidery orders before product orders to our suppliers can be placed or the embroidery can be commenced. A surcharge will be applied to all 'RUSH' orders on a case-by-case basis subject to your prior confirmation of acceptance.
- Because all embroidery on garments or home decoration items is custom ordered there are no refunds, returns or exchanges on such finished embroidery or physical goods except in the case of error(s) directly attributable to Magpie Designs. If the order is cancelled by you before physical goods such as caps, linens, garments, etc. have been ordered from our suppliers, then only the amount attributable to such goods will be refunded. If an order is cancelled by you part way through the process otherwise, then all monies paid are forfeited.
Magpie Designs is always here to assist you with your custom embroidered projects. To further explore options to also have your custom digitized designs or any of those in our library actually embroidered on finished items, please don't hesitate to Contact Us for further information.